The Bhutan Chamber of Commerce and Industry (BCCI) in collaboration with National Commission for Women and Children (NCWC) and United Nations Development programme (UNDP) Bhutan conducted two-days Basic Gender training from 23rd – 25th December at Khuru Resort, Punakha. This training was conducted under the Sustainable Development Services (SDS) Programme, Gender Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in the private sector. A total of twenty five participants from the BCCI, Sector Associations and a few private companies attended the training.
The main objective of the training is:
- to familiarize the participants on basic gender concepts and terminologies used
- to help them understand the international and national legal and policy framework on gender
- to help them understand why gender mainstreaming is important and introduce gender mainstreaming tools
- to understand the concept of gender analysis and equip participants with gender analysis tools
- to enable participants to use gender analysis tools to generate inputs in programme and planning
To assess the understanding of the gender concepts, participants were asked to submit a prerequisite training survey form before the training and a post evaluation was also done to assess the understanding shift before and after the training.